Thursday, May 30, 2013

Big Black Puff Balls


So, today I don't have an opinion. I'm going to share something quite random instead. It has vaguely to do with our recent focus on fashion and style.

I had a really weird dream the other night. There was some sort of epic fight at a girls' boarding school over whether the new girl should attend classes or not. Guns, grenades, and eventual triumph by the headmistress of the dream school. And at the end, the girls were celebrating with a pompous gala. The fashion at this gala was hilariously gaudy. Like, imagine this one with a 4ft wide white hat with trailing black tulle ball/bow things. It was magical. Cruella de Vil meets Black Swan.


In honor of this dream, here's a collection of some of the weirdest black and white dresses I could find on the internet. Enjoy!

She's so proud of this, too....


Black snakes or duct tape? What do you think?


Wow.
YES! My wish is to shop at Walmart in this.
 

Actually, that last pic came from another blog, The Witch of the Place, that has a fabulous collection of wacky dresses. Reading her gushing love for each dress is rather fun...

Okay, I changed my mind. I have an opinion. DO NOT put your $200,000 six carat diamond in the tiniest dang four-prong basket setting you can find. No amount of metal is going to "cover up" that sparkle, but you are gonna notice when you lose it. Geez. Better yet, come to my house and snag it on the carpet. I'll take better care of it.

Peace and happy Friday!

Rachel C


1 comment:

  1. Rachel, let me know when you make that shopping trip...I'll send photographers and we'll get you added to that wm page with all the weird and outthere clothing people shop in!

    ReplyDelete